Traditionally PET imaging has been offered with one, two, three or even four rings of detectors with gaps between the rings. MR Solutions, the independent world leader in preclinical imaging, is now offering continuous PET detection thus avoiding any artifacts caused by the gaps between the rings
We can now provide a continuous detector which is customized to the length of the scanner”, commented Dr. David Taylor, CEO, of MR Solutions.
“These arrays can be incorporated into our clip-on PET scanners for sequential multimodality imaging on both our MRI scanners and our recently launched CT range of scanners. The PET scanner is also available as an insert inside the bore of the cryogen-free MRI scanners for simultaneous PET/MR images.”
All of the PET scanners, both clip on and inserts, can be used as a standalone scanner. The MR Solutions’ PET scanners provide a resolution below 1mm.
MR Solutions has changed the face of preclinical imaging with its cryogen-free range of superconducting scanners from 3T to 9.4T, the introduction of integrated and clip-on PET and SPECT modalities and now continuous PET detectors.
MR Solutions is dedicated to providing better imaging solutions to researchers across the globe. Technology is constantly improving and when you spend a great deal of money on a scanner which is going to have to last many years researchers want the latest technology.”
MR Solutions is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of preclinical MR technology and is the market leader for preclinical superconducting cryogen-free MRI systems, and spectrometers for clinical MR scanners.
Benefits of cryogen-free MRI scanners:
1. Doing away with the cumbersome liquid helium jacket, required emergency venting and building alterations, which is required for all other liquid helium MRI systems;
2. Reduced stray magnetic field from meters to centimeters so that the scanners can be placed within a laboratory rather than requiring their own room;
3. Reduced weight from tonnes to hundreds of kilograms (and therefore no floor strengthening is required);
4. As most units are the size of a desk it can be easily fitted into a laboratory where space is at a premium;
5. They can be wheeled into place doing away with costly cranes for installation;
6. Can be housed inside a Class III laboratory;
7. Better priced due to no liquid helium systems, no requirement for helium top-ups and no building alterations.